2014-12-09

Ferrari Ending HotWheels Licensing Program

Seen here. Ferrari is announcing an exclusive licensing agreement with another model maker. This implies that there will be no more new Hot Wheels Ferraris in the moderate future.

This is sad to me because over the last few years my primary focus has been Ferrari models. I don't know why, they just appeal to me. Most of the cars I have acquired have been Ferraris, the latest (maybe last?) a yellow F12 Berlinetta. I don't know what it is, but the majority of the offerings recently have just not appealed to me. I'm not in to these wild fantasy cars, I prefer something more grounded in realism.

Maybe I'll turn into a Matchbox collector, I don't know.

(The article also mentions that Mercedes is no longer licensing to Mattel. Maybe this slow erosion of manufacturers is what is driving the more fantastical offerings.)