This time I've downloaded 0.23, and ended up adding a few mods:
- SCANsat -- because having something to do when you reach your objective adds a point to the fun of getting there
- EnhancedNavBall -- I've been thinking that my terrible flying skills aside, landing would be easier with some of the information on this Enhanced Navball. Landing attempts are quite some ways away as of yet, but I've added this mod now to help.
- Aviation-Lights -- because if I am going to spend hours looking at these things I want them to be pretty.
- Docking Port Alignmnet -- I have not decided if I want to do docking, but this seems a useful add-on.
- Kerbal Alarm Clock
- Engineer-Redux -- all the info from MechJeb (and more!) without the autopilot and autoguide functions. If I'm going to crash these things, I am going to crash these things.
- Flight-test an early design of the interplanetary lifter. This probe is only orbiting Kerbin, but we might as well flight-test the lifter to see what kind of delta-v we have once we make our orbit.
- Enter a polar orbit for mapping purposes.
- Gain familiarity with the mapping mod by performing a low-res scan of Kerbin.
So lessons learned:
- Insufficient lift in the IPL launch stage(s); and
- I still can't fly worth a damn.
|DMap1 on orbit|
|Mission 1: Success|
DMap2 "Macroscope" (because missions should have snappy code names), launched from a "Javelin" IPL, is in progress as I write this.